Phalanx of Nod Guild Charter
The intent of the guild is to promote teamwork and fair play amongst all its members in a collaborative environment in the intent of maximizing the enjoyment of World of Warcraft to its fullest.
What the guild isn’t is a power gamer’s guild, which strictly only has top tier level members, for the sole purpose of gaining elite loot/items, large scale raids, forced time requirements and events.
What the guild is, is an all purpose player guild, where both casual and serious gamers can come together to assist one another get to the top rung of the game, by cooperation and assistance in leveling, instance runs, and other objectives in the game World of Warcraft.
PoN is a guild that is comprised of individuals dedicated to a common goal. As a team every individual earns new gear, progression bragging rights and the right to utilize guild resources for the sake of guild progression and enjoyment through the combined teamwork of all members of the guild.
Reason for Charter
The reason for the guild charter is to outline, the guild leadership structure, rules, code of conduct, and other guidelines for the guild.
Guild Raiding Calendar
Typical Raiding nights and times are as follows:
1. Monday: 8pm-11pm EST
2. Wednesday: 8pm – 11pm EST
3. Thursday: 8pm – 11pm EST
Others days are left open to allow guildies to farm, run other instances, or attend to real life (since we understand people do have lives outside of the game)
Guild Structure and Operation
Names of ranks are subject to change however the general hierarchy is as follows
Raiders get first priority, FnF will get priority after.
All applicants will be brought in on a 2 week trial basis. During that time the officers will collect feedback and observe the new recruit to see if they can
Based on these 3 things, will determine if full membership is offered or not.
Being promoted in the guild works on the raiding system. If you are a non-raiding rank (i.e. FnF) and it is determined that you can attend the raid days PoN has outlined and there is an open raiding position in the raiding ranks, you can be bumped up. Attend the raid days means you can attend all our raid days with the exception of the occassional vacation, work issues, general RL getting in the way from time to time.
Demotions and Removal
If a raider misses a number of raids deemed hurtful to the guild's progression they can be demoted to non-raiding rank, and their spot opened up for recruitment or propmotion of a non-raiding ranked member.
A member found to be applying to other guilds with their main is in direct contradiction of PoN's values stated above, so if a member is found to have applied to other guilds, all characters (mains and alts) of that member will be subject to removal from the guild at the discretion of the guild officers. Other actions that may get someone removed are (but not limited to): Not fitting in with the guild, causing unneeded drama, persitantly having a negative attitude (this is a game have fun), recruiting members for another run in contradiction to PoN's raid times, not successfully completing the applicant tiral period, etc.
The following actions will be performed when such an event has been identified.
1) Member will be contacted by an officer
2) Barring extenuating circumstances (up to the discretion of the officer), the member in question will be removed from the guild.
3) After completion of number 2 and barring extenuating circumstances, the alts of the member will also be removed.
1) Other penalties that can also be imposed as the officer(s) sees fit.
2) Applying to other guilds can be identified from officers, other guild members, or other guilds contacting PoN to inform them of such actions, we have friends in many guilds on our server.
All members are expected to try their hand in recruiting valuable new members of the guild as needed.
1) Ensure your recruiting posts are spellchecked - nothing looks more unprofessional than "WOh wnats to jion my guild"
2) Act maturely and professionally to help build the guild's reputation, it only takes one to ruin our guild's reputation.
3) Be respectful, even to people who turn us down from joining our guild.
4) DO NOT annoy people.
5) Ensure all of the new members follow these guidelines too when making recruiting posts.
6) DO NOT Spam our website link multiple times, in multiple channels, forums, etc
7) DO NOT be rude toward other people trying to recruit, do not hijack other people's posting threads; do not badmouth other guilds to potential recruits.
8) DO NOT actively recruit another guild's members. If they come to you or express disinterest in their guild you may ask some questions regarding possibly joining our guild. NO GUILD POACHING
Feedback, Opinions, Decisions and Votes
Feedback and opinions of members of the guild should be expressed in the guild forums. It is here they are open for discussion, and everyone can voice their opinion on the matter at hand. If the feedback warrants a change in policy for the guild, the discussion will be moved toward a decision requiring a vote by the members.
Items up for discussion that need to have a decision associated with them will be brought up on the guild forums. Topics of discussion that require a vote will have a corresponding poll associated with the proposed decision. If the poll has a majority vote of registered members it will pass. If the poll does not have a majority vote, it will be brought before the officers, if the majority of officers votes for a decision it will pass.
Disputes Between Members
Any disputes between members of the guild that cannot be resolved between them will be brought to an officer’s (Executor, Templar, Sentinel) attention. Any decision on the matter must be investigated and handled with the utmost fairness for both members involved. If a decision cannot be reached by a Executor, they should escalate the issue to a TEmplar, then to the Sentinel if need be.
Actions of posting negative information or bringing personal disputes to guild forums, we urge people to take care of personal problems on a one on one basis, and if the issue still cannot be resolved please ask an officer for assistance. Negative or flaming posts public or private will be removed immediately and an officer will have a discussion with the member who made such a post.
Leave of Absence
We recognize that as a person living on this planet, there are other things that go on outside of World of Warcraft. For this reason we ask you give the rest of your members some common courtesy of letting them now if you will be away. If you are planning on being away, please post on the guild forum, or let an officer know that you will be out of town, or unable to play for a given amount of time due to other commitments.
This is especially true for raiding ranked members as not letting us know can affect raiding decisions.
Guild Activities and Events
Guild activities and events may include:
o Instance runs (with 2 or more members)
o Questing (with 1 or more members)
o Battlegrounds (with 1 or more members)
Teamwork is the cornerstone of our guild. The guild was founded to help out like minded players quest, level, and excel at the game of World of Warcraft. This doesn’t mean everyone is required to drop whatever they are doing and help someone else, but if you are free and able to answer the call for assistance, do so, it will only better the folks you are helping and the guild as a whole. It also helps you get to know your fellow teammates better.
Conversely don't badger your guildmates for assistance. Don't get all up in arms if someone doesn't immediately respond to you.
When questing together all members should continue to assist until everyone has completed the quest. Leaving after only you have completed your quest, and having others fend for themselves is seen as detrimental behavior to your fellow guild member.
During raids PoN currently uses /roll. You get 1 need per raid lockout (our raid week). You may continue to roll, but if you already used your need and someone else has not they have priority. Off-spec rolls do not count toward your need. If you are a pure class you do not have an off-spec, sorry, talk to blizzard about making your rogue, hunter, mage, warlock a hybrid class.
During raids, instances, and questing please remember the following:
1) DO NOT loot during combat or when inconvenient to the rest of the party
2) DO NOT mine/skin/gather herbs/etc. during combat or when inconvenient to the rest of the party
A guild bank is established to hold equipment, crafting materials, and money for members of the guild. For progression fights, guild repairs will be enabled to soften the blow of wipes.
Access to the Bank
Members will have access to different areas of the bank, depending on tab.. Please see the guild bank forum for more details.
We realize that profanity can be seen from time to time in guild chat.
The officers of the guild strongly encourage the use of Blizzard's profanity filter which is built into the game if you don't want to use or see that type of language.
However please be kind to your fellow guildies, as continued harassment of any kind will be dealt with as appropriate. Harrassment (Sexual, Racial, etc.) of any kind will not be tolerated.
PoN is not here to censor you, but we do ask that as an agent of our guild you follow the following guidelines:
1. Follow the Phalanx of Nod Charter
2. Try to keep remarks meaningful and respectful—do not post spam, offensive or derogatory comments
3. Take a moment and think before posting, the internet is forever
4. Respect confidentiality whether it’s guild related or otherwise
5. When you’re disagreeing with the opinions of other players, keep it appropriate and polite
6. Stick to your expertise, you will have more impact
7. Be open and conversational with other members not confrontational
8. Be accountable for what you post, tweet, discuss